Winnie the poohi
A tag by Nancy :)

100 things about me


ABOUT U:

1. What's your name→ Meena Iyer

2. Nicknames→ My parents never had nick name for me.. other than dad calling me "naaikutti" and you don't call that nick name **sigh** I never forgave them for that! My sister is called "kuttu" which is a misnomer for
kutti  which means baby!! So most of my friends have given me a lot of nickname over the period of time.. these are some of them that I can recollect... Meenz, meenzie, meens, meanie, mousey, poohi, winnie, idli, wire, moti, truffle, gommy, eeli baby :P :P ( courtesy saurabh) BQ (courtesy alok)

4. Zodiac sign → Capricorn ( Though I am in no way remotely capricornian. I think my parents goofed up about my birthdate. Too bad they have birth certificate to prove they have not.. I still have doubts)

5. Male or female or transgendered → Female 

6. Elementary→ K.M.P.D Vidyalaya, Nalasopara( dont ask for full form :P :P )

7. Schools → K.M.P.D Vidyalaya, Nalasopara

8. Colleges → Junior college : Vartak college, Vasai ( Of govinda fame) And Engg : Konkan Gyanpeeth college of Engg, Karjat

9. Height → 5'2”

10. Hair color → Black

11. Long or short → Mid length

12. Do you have a crush on someone? → I have crushes on many people. None last more than a week sadly **sigh**

13: Ever been in love? Oh yes more than once :P

14. Piercings → of the ears.

15. Tattoos → Not yet.. Would love one though .. ( Will have it done when I lose weight enough to be called fit :P :P ) 

16. Righty or lefty → Righty :)




FIRSTS :

17. First piercing → Ears, When I was umm 12. ( Thats some story )

18. First best friends →Namita ( We were in L.KG. )

19. First sport you joined→ Langdi and Kabbadi ( I was good at it then never played since school).

20. First pet → The only pet.. Sweety, a lab!.



21. First vacation → With Parents? Either Bangalore or Chennai **sigh** My very first alone was to Mysore. 

22. First concert → Oh school definitely! .

23. First crush → When I was in 6th. It was a guy I met while xeroxing something. We waited for the power to come back to get our xerox done. Talked in the meantime. And when the power did come.. we lingered awhile. I would love to think that the feelings were mutual.. **sigh** It didnt last long enough.. 2 weeks :P 

24. Eating → When I find time for it... Mostly once a day.. 

25. Drinking → A lot! I seem to have infinte capacity to drink anything liquid.. I mean juices and water ;)

26. I'm about to → go to sleep should be right.. but.. its complete the book I am reading... Its "Etudes" by Aseem Kaul.. Its a short story collection and he writes amazingly well!! See for yourself! His first write up in this book...

Note Autobiographical

Every time he speaks of himself you sense something missing, something not quite true. It's not that you doubt his sincerity -- on the contrary, you know he's making every effort to be honest. It's just that by putting himself in the spotlight he has blinded himself to his own shadow, to the audience of alternate selves who watch him from the wings. He tells you what he sees, but all the while the real self remains invisible,like light seen from the inside of a bulb.

It's like the difference between the way you picture yourself and your face in a photograph. The way you hold your breath at immigration, waiting to see if the man examining your passport will accept you for who you are
.


27. Listening to → The ceiling fan right now ;) In my mind : Rehna tu from Delhi 6


LASTS:

28. Last beverage → Ginger Tea.

29. Last phone call → Think approx. 24 hours ago. I am on self imposed mobile exile this weekend.

30. Last text message → sms? From Varun saying "Hi"
. Email? From Neeru asking me to finish a story she started. ** Honey you would do a better job than me! I can give you ideas though.. check your inbox they are already there**

31. Last song you listened to → Falling slowly from the movie Once. I am in love with the song.. video is here..



32. Last time you cried → ** thinking hard** Its been sometime now. By and large this year I have been really happy....


HAVE YOU EVER:

33. Dated someone twice → Tentatively... It wasn't exactly dating the first time nor the second time.. its somewhere between dating and friendship.. erm too complicated :D :D

34. Been cheated on? → Not yet.

35. Kissed someone & regretted it? → Yes. 

36. Lost someone special? → Yes.

37. Been depressed?→ Erm most of the time. Its like a bad habit :P :P

38. Been drunk and threw up? → Not yet. But want to atleast once.


HAVE YOU:

39. Made new friends → Yes. Online :)

40. Fallen out of love → More than once :D :D .

41. Laughed until you cried → Oh yes! A lot of time. Not recently though...

42. Met someone who changed you → No.

43. Found out who your true friends were → Yes.

44. Found out someone was talking about you → Its a compliment I don't mind getting repeated :P :P. If you get talked about in this fast paced world means you have arrived ;).. I have come across people talking about in college. At work place there is nothing exciting enough to talk about.. rather I do most of the talking :D :D

45. Kissed anyone on your friend's list → Umm yes :)

46. Made the first Move → Not yet. But wouldn't mind for the right person :) 

47. Do you have any pets → Sweety!

48. Do you want to change your name → Not anymore. ( I wanted to when I was young.. its such a common name :P )

49. What did you do for your last birthday → Umm nothing much. Placed myself on mobile exile and slept all day. In the late evening treated my office colleagues with a take out dinner. We dined in office :P :P 

50. What time did you wake up today  →  2:30 p.m 

51. What were you doing at midnight last night→ Working 

52. Name something you CANNOT wait for → Adventure and excitement.

53. Last time you saw your father → Few moments ago. We live together!

54. What is the one thing you wish you could change about your life → I want to finish anything I start!

55. Most visited webpage → Gmail and then my blog :D :D

56.Bribed someone? → Not yet. Hopefully never! I use my charm to work things out :P :P

57.Played with dolphins? → No :(


YOUR FUTURE :

58. Want kids? → Yes. 2 my own and I want to adopt the 3rd :)

59. Want to get married ? → Confused. Mostly no.. at odd times yes!!

60. Careers in mind? → A new one every few weeks :D

61. Settling in a Big Villa? → Farm house/ cottage with big garden!

62. Day or night? → Night any time!

63. What day is tomorrow? → Saturday

64. Challenges? → Gets me going! Give me a dare and I shall try hard to win it

65. Drive with windows up or down? → Down! If possible even with the hood down!

66. Scared of Death? → Umm not sure. I want to find it out :)

67. Cook or Clean? → Cooking! I hate cleaning up.. unless ofcourse its too messy 

68. Lips or eyes → Eyes :)

69. Hugs or kisses → Hugs anytime .

70. Shorter or taller → Taller

71. Older or Younger → Older.

72. Romantic or spontaneous → Both are enjoyable!!!

73. Nice stomach or nice arms → Both!!!

74. Sensitive or loud → Sensitive to my feelings and loud laughter ;).

75. Hook-up or relationship → Long relationships would be nice but well I get too bored too easily so hookups most likely

77. Trouble maker or hesitant → Neither. Someone who knows where to stop and where to let go.


HAVE YOU EVER :

78. Kissed a stranger → Not yet. But there is something exciting about this situation. Would love to kiss a "romantic hero" outta M&B novel :D

79. Lost glasses/contacts → No. umm but my specs have been broken by sweety twice. Ever since I graduated to contacts. Havent lost them yet!

80. Found money on the road → Yes more than once. 

81. Sex on first date → *wicked smile* No.....

82. Broken someone's heart → Don't think so. 

83. Had your own heart broken → Same as above

84. Held a snake? → No

85. Been arrested → No

86. Turned someone down → Yes

87. Cried when someone died → Yes.

88. Liked a friend that is a girl/boy? → Yes


DO YOU BELIEVE IN:

89. Yourself → Shakily but yes.

90. Miracles → I believe in faith. Miracles happen if you have faith.

91. Love at first sight → Yes! Read about it
here

92. Heaven → Nah nor in hell. But if there is such thing.. I would rather go to hell. more exciting :D

93. Santa Claus → Nopes. But I would love to believe in him!

94. Peace in this lifetime → Inner peace yes. World peace not likely!

95. Kissing on the first date? → Depends on the date!

96. Angels → Yes. They come in human form. Up to us to recognize them!

97. Is there one person you want to be with right now? → A dream person may be. 

98. Had more than one boyfriend/girlfriend at one time in the past? → Nopes.

99. You will die Young → Is 55 young ? Wouldn't want to live more than that...

100. You will end with the one you love and learn to love the one you are with – The first only if he loves me too. The latter might happen. I can never be sure of it unless I do end up with someone.. if I end up that is :D


Whoosh done!!!  Leaving you guys with a crazy pic of mine took in mumbai by my friend. At her place :D :D







13 Responses
  1. OG Says:

    Hey, aint you supposed to work during your shift??? :) coz this is your second post today.... :)

    so you are also a Tamilian... :) (by your last name)... :)
    interestingly done.... :) and that foto... :) LOL....


  2. Its weekend :P :P my offs are friday and saturday.. ah yes I work on sunday *boo hoo hoo*

    I am half tamilian half kannadiga :D

    @foto he hehe



  3. Anonymous Says:

    wowow!! :D i read it all :)

    nice idea to attract more fans ;)


  4. OG :)

    Maddy!! *huuuggggsss!!!*

    As long as I attract you ;)


  5. Reflections Says:

    loved ur answers to miracles & angels:-))

    LOL at the photograph:-D



  6. Archy Says:

    Firstly, you look like a kiddo in the pic and that's a compliment:-) :-) :-)

    Enjoyed reading the answers! Loved them infact:-)
    And you are quite like me someways :D

    Had i taken up the tag, wld ve given similar answers as well:-)

    And where is Karjat? :P


  7. Ah archy thank you thank you! *bear hugs* You see I dont wanna grow up!!

    And od take the tag! pweez pweez!!

    Karjat is a beautiful town between Mumbai and Pune.. nestled between two hill stations.. its heaven on earth during monsoon and hell during summers :D


  8. These tags are he best way to get to know fellow bloggers and reading this one was a pleasure. It showed you to be the positive person I always though you were :) Nice knowing you even better!
    Nothing like being positive about challenges!
    You want to adopt a third child ... lovely, lovely thought.
    I agree about the World Peace ...but no harm hoping...
    The pic is no doubt the kind friends take when they are together and having lots of fun :)
    The lab Sweety remind me of our Gabbar Singh!


  9. Rambler Says:

    thats a lot of personal stuff in there..you seem to be brave


  10. Tall Guy Says:

    I don't know about the 100 things you wrote up there but you can sure expect a call from Ram Gopal if he plans to make an horror flick :D

    Just kidding, it did made an interesting read and know you better!!


  11. IHM : I agree! Amd I love doing tags.. it makes one remember stuff one generally dont receollect..

    Rambler.. I am just careless :D :D

    Yogesh: Umm you shud read my old short stories.. he will give me call for other reasons too :P :P