Winnie the poohi
Well Anoop has given me this kewt tag :-) Something I wanted to write about since long but never ever end up doing it.... So here are few questions about reading habits that has to be replied to and then passed on to others :-)

Here it goes :-)



The History : Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?

My love for reading is more for the stories. Since I was young, I would always pester my mom for more stories. Bedtime stories. But she being tired most of the times won't tell any *boo hoo hoo*
So I started reading.. first the story books .. then when school started the English books.. mine and sisters.. and then Hindi and Marathi books mine and sisters.. since I was in the revised course and she in old one... I had many to read. We did have subscription for Wisdom and occasional Reader's digest.. My mom would go to book fairs and pick up nice books for us.. only my reading speed didn't match her spending speed *boo hoo hoo again *
I read my first M n B when my sis went to college.. one of her friend's sister worked in a ciculating library part time.. So she got books home which her sis used to read and one book my sister borrowed... And I read it under the zero watt bulb :D :D Cant read in front of dad ofcourse..

And then there was this friend of mine.. Minal.. Her family were regular readers.. from Dad, Mom to elder sis and she. So whenever I went to their home.. I used to go atleast 5-10 min before so that I could read books while she got ready.. I thought no one noticed.. but they did :)
So when I finished my 10 board exams.. she gave me Sydney Sheldon novels.. when they shifted places.. they gave me their complete James Hadley Chase collection.. and during that summer I read just too many books..

In 11th and 12th I had college Library where I read classics and the best of all Agatha Christie ... *sigh* then the usual libraries and buying books :D :D




Blast from the past :
What are some books you read as a child?

Hard to remember names of books but I had one Russian folk tales book.. One Tajik tales book too.. It was from a book fair.. Other than that.. umm chandamama, tinkle, reader's digest archies.. mostly comics.. Ah and Enid blyton...

One of school teacher introduced me to it and I was hooked.. used to borrow from friends beg stuff.. bribe them by teaching them maths etc etc :D :D



Favorites:

----> favorite genre: Anything Fiction with a good story.. have a leaning towards magic and fairy tales though

----> favorite novel: Too many to list.. Most by Nora Roberts yep fultu romantic :D :D








When and Where:
Where do you usually read?

Absolutely anywhere :-) If I have to choose.. on my cozy sofa.. or on the ground lolling.. may be on the terrace or on the bed. I even read while walking.. while cooking and while attending nature's call. You get the picture :)
My dream place would be in the bath tub while I am soaking in a warm tub of water.. music is in the back ground.. aromatic candles burning :D :D and a nice gripping murder mystery.. to think.. cuddled with someone you love and reading together would be fun too :D :D

When do you usually read?

Any time I can squeeze in.. in the cab.. in office at home.. umm esp before sleeping..




Preferences:
Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?

Mostly no. However, sometimes I dont like the book I am reading then I start a new one.. and when I have nothing to read I pick up the one I discarded.



Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?

Earlier used to depend on borrowing totally from friends.. strangers and library.. I had no qualms in approaching strangers for to borrow a nice book. The fact that I read fast does help. now usually I buy or exchange from friends.



Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them?
I keep every one of them. I have a closet full of books :D :D I don't mind sharing with people. But I like them given back to me.


If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them? Were they some of the same ones you read as a child?

Not really. Nowadays, children have so many options. I would love to share what I read. However, the choice is theirs. As long as they are interested in reading, I would be satisfied.



What are you reading now?

Two books actually. Yeah one of those days.

1. Intimate lies by Robert Westbrook. This is a story of relationship of Scott Fitzgerald and Sheilah Graham as written by her son.

This is non fiction and hence boring :(

2. Gate of Ivory by Margaret Drabble. Just started and reading her for the first time.

Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list?

Not really. I have them on mind but I end up picking up random unknown authors' books.



What books would you like to reread?


Most books I like I tend to re-read many times.

Who are your favorite authors?

Uffo! Too many to name here :(

Just to say, different flavors make a good dish and different authors make a good reading culture * smug*








And I tag..........


Any one who loves books :) and wanna take it up!
Labels: | edit post
7 Responses
  1. My Foot? Says:

    Poohi!
    You find the best pictures for you blog ^_^

    Cute article..


  2. --xh-- Says:

    :-D i knew u will love it.. i too used to read Wisdom and chanda mama... hm..a closet full of books - one day I should pay a visit to your home... or, may be I should come at night, with a sack.. ;-D


  3. Anonymous Says:

    wow ! just great man... how old r u ? i guess 13 ?

    nyways.
    cheeeerss


  4. Meow! thanx hon!!

    Xh.. ah my doggie guards it big time ;)

    skj.. umm no I am 2 going on 60


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Poohi!
    You find the best pictures for your blog!!

    so true....agreed with shmoo...!!


  6. Nave Says:

    that reminds me sweetie .. u were supposed to send me something which you keep promising almost every time we talk and you never do it ..

    other than that .. lovely post with perfect pictures and congo to your new blog :D

    i wish you were here for our next book club meet .. we are having one shortly ;)


  7. Nave Says:

    that reminds me sweetie .. u were supposed to send me something which you keep promising almost every time we talk and you never do it ..

    other than that .. lovely post with perfect pictures and congo to your new blog :D

    i wish you were here for our next book club meet .. we will be having one shortly ;)