Winnie the poohi
What’s your favorite genre of writing?

Poetry for sure! Its my first love.. but I like to read novels, novellas, short story.. in short anything fiction.. I do not like anything thats non fiction.. Many might say I am missing a lot of stuff.. possibly I am.. but I feel there is too much reality always.. sometimes one just want to escape :)

How often do you get writer’s block?

More often than I would like.. Its not writing as such.. its writing the stories.. more often than not.. I do get a lot of ideas.. putting them in paper or in my case typing them on the blog needs a lot of extra effort..

How do you fix it?

Mostly, I still keep writing.. its better to write badly than not write at all

Do you type or write by hand?

Type! I hate holding pen in my hands so much so that the only time I do hold them is when I have to sign some documents!

Do you save everything you write?

Yes. everything.. I am in love with everything I write even if I am not satisfied with it..

Do you ever go back to an old idea long after you abandoned it?

No. Mostly, I lose interest even before I complete it.. and revising the existing work is too much trouble **lazy I know **

Do you have a constructive critic?

I do get constructive criticism but no one who does it regularly

Did you ever write a novel?

Not yet. I don't think I have the patience required for it.

What genre would you love to write but haven’t?

Thriller! Esp psychological thriller.. its just so hard to write though

What’s one genre you have never written, and probably never will?

Science Fiction!

How many writing projects are you working on right now?

Uff this makes me feel like a 'real writer' Well I have 3 stories that are half written.. and few others I deleted after they languished in "Drafts" for more than 3-4 months.. for I knew I would never continue.. I had lost interest..

Do you write for a living? Do you want to?

I have not as of yet.. Do I want to... not really.. am not that confident about myself

Have you ever written something for a magazine or newspaper?

Few poems for an online magazine.. and well my first short story got published few days ago!!

Have you ever won an award for your writing?

For poem again :) In an contest on Orkut

What are your five favorite words?

Furtively, reflection and piquant.. hope and entwine I dunno why.. but have used them a lot :)

Do you ever write based on your dreams?

Yes. Sometimes :0

Do you favor happy endings, sad endings, or cliff-hangers?

I love cliff-hangers.. but I lean equally towards happy n sad endings.. more on the gory side.. i.e ppl die :D

Have you ever written based on an artwork you’ve seen?

Poems yes. Stories not yet.. I wish to though...

P.S: Prompted at Write on Wednesday
7 Responses
  1. Rambler Says:

    oh I miss writing by hand..I still do it many times before I type them over here :)


  2. Reflections Says:

    Hah...this was very informative.....but u r wrong abt 1 thing....I as ur audience can tell u.
    U prefer cliffhangers that I agree but dont agree abt the happy endings....sad endings yes...but happy endings I can count on my 1 hand how many u've written:-S.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Happy to give attention, and congrats on getting your story published.


  4. Ah rambler.. I find it hard to write..

    @nancy.. u have not read any of my love stories :D they all have happy endings :d check my other blog for old entries ;)


  5. Andilit.. thank you and welcome to my blog :)


  6. Anonymous Says:

    You are so right - it's better to write badly than not write at all. It's good to practice. These memes are fun for the writer and for the readers!


  7. Too true westcobich!

    I love doing memes!