Winnie the poohi
Most of the time you will find me with atleast one book and on top of that I have host of ebooks on my computer both at home and in office.. for reading for me is more than a hobby it is closest to obsession I have ever come to.. :) Currently am reading "Tender is the night" by Scott Fitzgerald..

Anyways, few days ago I saw a post on pratsie's blog that intrigued me a lot.. I was introduced to a bunch of book reading challenges! And am I hooked?

Fultoo!! So this year, I am going to gift myself loads of books as my budday gift :0 Erm its an open invite to gift me books ppl ;) You can never go wrong there ;)

So the first challenge I am going to dabble is A-Z challenge..

This challenge has four options..


Option A: Read authors A to Z. Commit to reading 26 books theoretically speaking.
Option B: Read titles A to Z. Commit to reading 26 books theoretically speaking.
Option C: Read both authors A to Z and titles A to Z (52 books; this is the challenge Joy created)
Option D: Read internationally A to Z (books representing 26 different countries)

And knowing my speed at reading.. well I am going for both option C and D :)

That would mean reading 78 books this year!! yay!!

Also, there is an interesting challenge called TBR Challenge.. you are to read atleast 12 books in 12 months :)

Well so am all set to read 100 books :D or may be more.. knowning me like only I can know.. it is gonna be more than 100 books this year ..

yay!!

the list will be put up late.. after I actually buy them.. I am so excited! I would so love to saliviat e on the books and buy them 5/6 at a time :)

Besides the book can be fiction or non fictional.. but I shall stick to fiction.. ah ebooks and audio books are allowed too!

Incase you wanna look for more challenges do visit here

P.S: I have stumbled upon more challenges that I want to pursue too being too greedy that I am .. May be you would like to try...

They are :

1. Centuries challenge : Read 4 t0 6 books from different centuries :) I might stumble upon loads of classics this way !!

2. Decade challenge : read 9 books for all the decades in this century :) like etc etc .. would be fun!

3. Nobel's challenge : to read 4 to 5 books that has been written by nobel prize winners :) we can even modify that you booker prize winners...

Romantic book challenge.. ah so many challenges.. before i lose my mind and end up doing none of these.. I am gonna stop :)
7 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Decade challange sounds fun !! neway good to have u company me in 100+ challenge... m banking biiiiig time to borrow form you !!!


  2. Reflections Says:

    U knw books used to be an obsession with me too...at 1 time.

    U wd always find me in some corner reading a book......my parents hated this habit of mine coz it used to distract me from my studies.

    Nowadays I dont get much time to read but if I start a book then I hate to put it down til its over.

    Good luck on ur A-Z challenge!!!!!

    And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


  3. Ah try short stories Nancy! they are easier to put down :)

    Pratsie you bet!


  4. --xh-- Says:

    hm.. do u really need a challange to make you read books? my personal opinion is, if u need some kind of challenge to make you read books, then you may better be without reading.... i know it sounds harsh... but somehow, i feel very bad and strongly against about these reading challenges...


  5. Ah anoop.. its not about needing challenge.. I read eve without them and yet.. organized reading is fun.. for you share it with others... it becomes more than just reading :)


  6. krist0ph3r Says:

    do you know that 100 books means 1 book in 3 days? and that's not weekends, but every single day!!!

    it's ok to read, but to put your entire life on hold for a year just because of some strange challenge? i think not :)