Winnie the poohi

Yay! Am tagged again! by Anoop :)

I am to write six of my favorite quotes... Its hard to choose as it is.. for well I am not a person with strong favorites .. hence I have modified the tag somehow to write six of my favorite Kafka's quotes

Nah I am not intellectually rarefied person.. I can't claim that I enjoy Kafka's book.. I don't for you have to understand to enjoy and I find him too abstract too well profound may be... I have till date only liked 2 of his short stories and yet.. I always find his quotes very very amusing! I love them!

So here it goes...

Human nature, ever changing and as unstable as the dust, can endure no restraint. If it binds itself it soon begins to tear madly at its bonds, rending everything asunder, the wall, its bonds, its very self.



So if you find nothing in the corridors open the doors, if you find nothing behind these doors there are more floors, and if you find nothing up there, don’t worry, just leap up another flight of stairs. As long as you don’t stop climbing, the stairs won’t end, under your climbing feet they will go on growing upwards.



To die would mean nothing else than to surrender a nothing to the nothing, but that would be impossible to conceive, for how could a person, even only as a nothing, consciously surrender himself to the nothing, and not merely to an empty nothing but rather to a roaring nothing whose nothingness consists only in its incomprehensibility.



You need not leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. You need not even listen, simply wait, just learn to become quiet, and still, and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked. It has no choice; it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.



One is alone, a total stranger and only an object of curiosity. And so long as you say “one” instead of “I,” there’s nothing in it and one can easily tell the story; but as soon as you admit to yourself that it is you yourself, you feel as though transfixed and are horrified.



Many a book is like a key to unknown chambers within the castle of one’s own self.




As usual being the greedy self I am.. I have to add others!



A book must be an ice-axe to break the seas frozen inside our soul.

In me, by myself, without human relationship, there are no visible lies. The limited circle is pure.

Through a heaven of vice a hell of virtue is reached.

A belief is like a guillotine – as heavy, as light

Ah Thank you Anoop for tagging!

And I tag.. anyone and everyone who want to take it on :)
Labels: | edit post
2 Responses
  1. --xh-- Says:

    ah.. some of the most profound quotes by Kafka.. a real treat da.. :) love all ur choices...


  2. Anonymous Says:

    will take it on...!! :)