Winnie the poohi
I recently realized how ironic my life is :)

Recently, I visited one interview......

Which made m realized how much i am forgetting.. *lots*

Okay to start wid...

When we first came to bangalore, I never dreamt of joining a call centre *such work were beneath me*

LOL! if only i knew my future...

I used to accompany my sister for interviews for both support and company.. we were 2 girls in strange city with no experience... when no calls from IT industry came, I decided to try my luck here.. u see i was getting frustrated being home all the time...

I was so confident that I will get in... Thats when I got a rude awakening.. I was rejected for my accent which was absurd :

however, I did get through in my 3rd interview and for a pretty good process..

The days were same borin repitation and i wasnt satisfied... after quiting job and 3 months wid no job offer.. I decided to try back in the industry where i performed really well

*many appreciation emails and compliments wherein customers thought i was american.. etc etc * I was sure i will get through
I did too in all the rounds but HR... where they found me over qualified for the job....

after rejection in 5 companies for being over qualified, I got through this company.. been here for an year now.. looking to move on..

So.. few weeks back I gave one interview..

and I was offered an alternative job coz.. i am not qualified enough.. which I agree to given my dismal performance..

but still life brought me back to same juncture...

earlier i wasnt qualified enuf.. then i was over qualified now back to under qualified!

*phew*
5 Responses
  1. Life is full of ups and downs. Ur experiences are good and lot dynamic. It will give u great relief afterwards when u'll look back someday!! Ejoy life to the fullest and keep up with the same pace,,, good luck...


  2. Ishaan Says:

    whos the idiotic twerp taking ur interview with all our personal r/s aside i can say one thing meena u have a good voice i spoke to u for the first time last week i guess i 4gt ...but i must say ur voice isnt bad ur voice is the kinda we would hire in Convergys for u can be good in both Sales and Inbound!! i wrkd as an Hr and i knw m tellin u !! stop goin to two bit lil shitty companies try smthn big !! m serious!!! u dnt have an accent problem and more so u have a sweet pleasent voice which custs like!! i mean who was that HR can i get his nos?? does he even have a degree ???


  3. honey.. the person who rejected me for my accent was 2 years back.. now evidentlaly am really good at it.. after 1 n half years of exp.. i better b :P

    the new person who rejected me.. werll it was due to my technical knowledge...

    So i completely agree wid their decision.. they really were good at what they did.. n i obviously lacked the knowhow...


  4. the company i interviewed for.. is one of the best in its field...


  5. Ravi D Says:

    Over qualified and now NOT qualified enough :O

    Do you need a shootgun for next interview? I suggest you take one with you.

    Yeah! Blogging won't get you a better job :|

    :P